No Name® Bacon Cheddar Steak Burgers
Makes 2 sandwiches
Gastro Pubs blend the best of both worlds: casual local pub atmosphere and upscale flavors. This popular dining trend is hot, pairing gourmet bar food with trendy beer and wine. With this Gastro-Pub style burger, you can experience all the flavors of your favorite gastro-pub at home – no man-bunned hipsters required! Bacon and Cheddar are a stellar flavor combo. Pair them with Red Wine and you have a gourmet burger sure to impress the most refined palate. Pair this burger with your favorite micro-brew or Pinot Noir for the full experience!
Prepare the bacon according to package instructions.
Prepare the burgers over a Charcoal or Gas grill according to package instructions.
Pepare Red Wine Onions:
- In a small sauce pot, melt the butter and cook until slightly brown, 1-2 minutes.
- Add the sliced red onion and stir. Cook over medium, high heat, for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Onions should start to brown.
- Add the sugar and stir. Cook an additional minute to brown the sugar.
- Add the red wine, reduce the heat to low and cover. Cook on low for 10 additional minutes, or until onions have become soft.
- Remove lid and cook an additional 5 minutes, or until wine has reduced and is thickened.Remove from heat.
- Season with salt and pepper as desired. Keep warm.
Assemble the Sandwiches:
- Melt the sliced Cheddar cheese over the just-cooked burgers.
- Place fresh arugula on a toasted Pretzel Bun. Place cooked burger on top of arugula.
- Top with cooked Bacon and Red Wine Onions.
- Swipe Dijon Mustard on the top of the Pretzel Bun and top the burger.
- No Name® Hickory Smoked Thick Cut Bacon
- No Name® Bacon Cheddar Steak Burger
Red Wine Onions:
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 3 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 cup dry red wine
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 each cooked No Name® Bacon Cheddar Steak Burgers
- 4 strips cooked No Name® Hickory Smoked Thick Cut Bacon
- 2 slices aged cheddar cheese
- 2 each buttered and toasted pretzel buns
- 1 recipe red wine onions
- dijon mustard