No Name® Mixed Grill Skewers
- Melt 1 tbsp. of the butter in a sauce pan, add the red currant jelly.
- Heat until the mixture is smooth.
- Mix in the tamarind syrup, ketchup and wine.
- Heat until the mixture just starts to bubble around the edges.
- Take the pan off the stove and mix in the remaining ½ Tbls. of butter.
- Let the sauce sit at room temperature until ready for use
- If you are using wooden skewers soak them in water for ½ hour prior to assembling the products.
- Place the items on the skewer in the following order – Meatball, Red Pepper, Shrimp, Pineapple, Sausage, Onion and Green Pepper.
- Place the skewers on a grill over medium high heat and cook for 4-6 minutes until the shrimp turns bright pink and the products are heated through.
- Light brush the items with the sauce, remove from the grill and serve with more of the sauce on the side.
Per Each Skewer:
- 1 ea. No Name Wild Rice Meatball
- 1 pc. Red Pepper
- 1 each Raw Shrimp – Blue Wave 16-20 count
- 1 pc. Fresh Pineapple
- 1 pc. (approx. ¼ of a sausage) Smoked Polish Sausage or Bratwurst
- 1 pc. Yellow Onion
- 1 pc. Green Pepper
Dipping Sauce and Glaze for Skewers: (this sauce is enough for 6-8 skewers)
- ½ cup Red Currant Jelly
- 1 ½ tbsp. Butter
- ¼ cup Tamarind Syrup (other flavored dark syrups will also work)
- ¼ cup Ketchup
- 1 tbsp. White Wine (optional)