NO NAME® Texas Style Chili
Fall means a return to football! While we won’t say who our favorite team is, this Texas Style Chili is sure to be a fan favorite for everyone. With no beans involved, Texas chili is all about STEAK. No Name Brand Original Steaks make a great base for this American classic. Make this recipe on Saturday, the day before the big game. Then reheat on Sunday in a crock pot and keep warm. Your buddies can help themselves and you won’t miss a minute of Football!
No Name Original Steak Preparation:
- In a large, heavy bottomed pot or Dutch oven, heat the Vegetable oil.
- Brown the diced No Name Brand Original Steaks in the pot in batches, making sure beef gets well caramelized.
- Remove the beef and add the onions, garlic and spices to the pot. Add the tomato paste and stir, cooking until fragrant.
- Add the beer and stir, loosening all the stuck-on bits from the bottom of the pot.This is where the rich flavor comes from! Reduce the liquid by half.
- Return the beef to the pot and add the beef broth and canned tomatoes. Cover and reduce the temperature to low. Simmer for 1 hour, or until the beef is tender and the sauce has been reduced. If desired, add hot sauce to desired level of heat.
- Serve with sour cream, fresh diced onion, cilantro and a lime wedge.
- 4 tbsp. Canola or vegetable oil
- 8 each No Name Brand Original Steaks, defrosted and diced into small pieces (2 packages)
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 – 6oz. can tomato paste
- 1 – 12oz. can lager style beer
- 1 – 12 oz. can beef broth
- 2 – 14 oz. cans diced tomatoes with chiles
- A few dashes of your favorite hot sauce, to your level of comfort
- sour cream
- fresh, diced onion
- lime wedges